Monday, October 31, 2005

Bhagwan
















It said " He reigns " when I got this image from another blog. Couldn't resist though. Any better ideas?
Personally I liked Bhagwan best in the 1950's movie song " Shaam dhale, khidki tale, Tum seeti bajaana, chodd do.. " He was quite awesome back then.. Especially in Albela, along with Gita Bali which had that super number ' Shola jo bhadke, dil mera.. '
In an allegorical masterstroke his parents decried the Wand-happy School-teacher image that God was made out to have , when they named their child Bhagwan Dada .

Mujhe Bhagwan mein bahut vishwaas tha, until his movies began to falter.


Read about the making of Albela, the movie that made Gita Bali a star and a tribute to Bhagwan at http://www.screenindia.com/20020215/ftrib.html





No offence meant to any athiests. Agnostic comments welcome. Unitarians too. And everyone else.

16 comments:

A Chrysanthemum by any other name... said...

Yes. True. He resigned. Time to elect a new God. All bow before Zap and his blog

zap said...

Precisely. All blow before his Log and Zlap him. not it.

psychacid said...

LOL

Anonymous said...

Ok then I am God.

Anonymous said...

Aiyla Bhagwan Dadaaaaaaa!
Kaise the woh? I am fine thank you ... you? Maine thik hun.
Aye Bhagwan Anna rejhine kayko kiya tumne? I love u na. Hat!

Anonymous said...

After all that sandle wood smuggling, cold-blodded murders and elephant killing, I finally decide to turn a new leaf(don't ask which one. I'm bad at botany) and then Bhagwan resigns.

I wanted to join politics, but some fools interrupted my dreams by killing me. Ah well, might as well take over as God.

Anonymous said...

Cha! no new posht

Anonymous said...

zap ..u disappeared and u haff been blogging on this page since forever and me no know about it.. am hurted dude ..weally hurted .. u better buy me loads and loads of ice cream to soothe me *grin*... and sigh @ bhagwan dada loved the geeta bali song

Anonymous said...

Will buy you all the icecream you can eat, swne. And its only been an year since i've been blogging 'ere.. nothing good either:)

-Zap

Anonymous said...

:O:O.. u willing to buy ppl. ice cram these days?? and let them eat it all?? who are u and what have u done to zap :P

zap said...

me? i've just regressed with time as usual. In about 3 days time i'll be a vegetable.

Anonymous said...

mmmm.. vegetables.. they are very useful ..and versatile... personally ..i prefer cucumbers ..you know those long hard ones?? they feel really good in my.. errmm ...salads ..yep ..am talking salads here *grin*

zap said...

aha ! On your salad days you prefer cucumbers !

cerisecarnations said...

i once read an article on him ..his journey from poverty to riches and then bak to poverty ..he was into gambling it seems...

Anonymous said...

As you said, enough courtship. Zap, will you marry me, er..I mean, will you blogroll me?

Anonymous said...

wedding?? free fooodd..am hungryyyyy .. and zap u disappeared again??? :(